Motorcycle Insurance In Georgia
If you own a motorcycle and live in Georgia, it is important for you to obtain motorcycle insurance. Having insurance prepares you for anything that can happen while you are on the road. We would like to help you obtain the best coverage here at Bethlehem Insurance Agency. We make sure that you do not just have any insurance but insurance that will protect you in the event of an accident, or if another driver causes an accident.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
You should know that motorcycle insurance is required in Georgia, just as it is in any other state. Minimum insurance requirements must be met which includes motorcycle registration. Liability insurance is the minimum requirement for motorcycle owners. Liability insurance will cover you if you are at fault for an accident.
The minimum requirements in Georgia are:
- Bodily injury coverage of $30,000 for each person
- Bodily injury coverage of $60,000 for each accident
- Property damage coverage of $25,000
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
Additional coverage for motorcycle insurance includes:
- Collision - Collision coverage will cover repair expenses if you are at fault for an accident. You must pay your deductible prior to your insurance kicking in.
- Comprehensive - Comprehensive coverage covers damages that result from theft, vandalism, or even weather. You must cover your deductible prior to your insurance kicking in.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage - If you are involved in an accident with another motorist who does not have insurance or not enough insurance, this coverage will protect you.
- Personal injury protection - PIP will cover your expenses for injuries resulting from an accident for both you and your passengers.
Motorcycle insurance is required for the following types of bikes:
- Motor-driven cycle
- Three-wheeled motorbike
Visit our Bethlehem Insurance Agency website today to obtain a quote for your motorcycle. If you reside in Georgia, we look forward to helping you.